It was the Recipe name “Triple P’s” that caught my attention when looking on the Naturalpetshop Blog.
I have always been looking out for a dog treat that I could make myself. This particular one is great, especially with the inclusion of the Pumpkin to go with the Peanut Butter.
My dog is a big fan too, but they are a treat and are kept in small containers so that they are kept as a treat only.
The Triple P’s – Pumpkin, Peanut Butter Pooch Biscuits
- 1 Cup Cooked pumpkin puree
- 2 Eggs
- ⅓ Cup Peanut butter; commercially made or make your own (See Recipe No. 2 Peanut Butter Biscuits). Remember; NO Xylitol or other sugar substitutes.
- 2 Cups Whole-meal or White flour.
- ½ tsp Pumpkin pie spice (Cinnamon, Cloves and Ginger), or Cinnamon on its own. (NO nutmeg, as it can be toxic to some dogs)
- Preheat oven to 350F (180deg Celsius).
- While the oven is heating, line a large baking sheet with baking paper.
- Using a large bowl, combine the pumpkin, eggs, and peanut butter. Stir until fully combined.
- Add the flour and your chosen from the ingredients list above. Stir gently until just combined.
- Roll out the dough to 6-7mm thick on a lightly floured surface. You may need to sprinkle more flour as needed to keep it from sticking.
- Use Cookie Cutters to make your desired shapes and place on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 to 40 minutes, depending on how crunchy you want to make them.
- When baked, let the biscuits cool on a cooling rack.
If you enjoyed these dog treats take a look at our designer dog beds which are suited for dogs of all sizes.