I would never have thought to make Dog treats using Apple and Carrot.
However, I have just made my third batch as I was so chuffed with how the first batch turned out I gave some to other dog-owner friends.
There is a range of great ingredients and I am sure that the Brown Sugar and Rolled Oats are also part of why they are so popular with the dogs.
These are the first treats I have made using the Naturalpetshops recipes but they won’t be my last.
Apple and Carrot Delight Cookies
- 2½ Cups Whole-meal flour
- 2 Cups Rolled Oats
- 1 tbsp Brown Sugar
- 1 Apple cored and grated (Granny Smith is good as less sweet) (leave peel on)
- 1 Cup Carrots (peeled and grated)
- 1 Egg (lightly beaten)
- ⅓ Cup Light Vegetable oil
- ¼ Water
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees (180 deg Celsius).
- Grease baking tray, or line with Baking Paper.
- Core and grate the Apples of choice. Peel and grate the Carrots (I used food processor).
- You will need 2 medium sized mixing bowls; one for the dry ingredients and one for the wet ingredients.
- In Bowl 1, mix the Flour, Rolled Oats, and Brown Sugar.
- In Bowl 2, beat the Egg and mix in the Vegetable Oil, Water, and grated Apples and Carrots. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Roll out the dough carefully, then using your favorite cookie cutter cut the cookies to shape.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until apple juices are soaked and biscuits are firm. Check on progress around 30 minutes.
If you enjoyed these dog treats take a look at our designer dog beds which are suited for dogs of all sizes.