These savory flavored Dog Biscuit treats fill the house with awesome smells when cooking. I have to keep my dog (4-year old Beagle named Oscar) outside when I am baking them as he would be inside begging otherwise.
The Parmesan is the key ingredient for the aroma, but the Chicken and other ingredients all add to what is a delicious treat for Oscar.
Chicken Parmesan Cookies
- 1½ Cups Whole-meal Flour
- 1 Cup All-purpose Flour (White)
- ½ Cup nonfat Milk Powder
- 1 Egg (lightly beaten)
- 1 Cup cooked, shredded Chicken (about the same as 1 breast)
- ½ Cup Shredded Carrots
- ¼ Cup Parmesan Cheese (Grated)
- ¼ Cup “No-added Salt” liquid Chicken Stock (or your own)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees (180 deg Celsius).
- Whisk together the two types of Flour and the Milk Powder in a medium mixing bowl.
- Add beaten Egg to that mix along with the cooked and shredded Chicken, the Carrots, Parmesan Cheese, and ¾ cup Chicken Stock (leaving you with ¼ cup). Mix it all together until just combined.
- You are after a dough that should be firm, yet still pliable/ The dough should be firm, but malleable.
- Sometimes the dough can be a little dry, and if so, add remaining ¼ cup chicken broth, in small 1 Tablespoon amounts at a time.
- Lightly flour a surface so that you can knead dough a few times.
- Roll it out to a 6-7cm thick round. Using your cookie cutter of choice, cut out your cookies.
- Line your baking sheet with baking paper, place the cookies on the paper and bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Check around 20 minutes as you are aiming for the treats to be golden around the edges.
If you enjoyed these dog treats take a look at our designer dog beds.