645 11 9 6.6K
My dog (Labrador) has a sweet tooth, which is common for the breed. However, with the Summer heat she also suffers but this recipe I found on the Naturalpetshop site is great.
The non-fat yoghurt gives some creaminess; the no-sugar added fruit juice (I’ve used Apple and Orange in different batches), along with the Carrots (fibre, color, some sweetness) has gone down so well this Summer.
Freezing in ice block trays is a great portion control tip.
Frozen Yogurt Dog Pops – Frozen Dog Treats For Summer
- 170 grams Plain, non-fat frozen yogurt
- 1 Cup No-sugar added fruit juice
- ½ Cup Carrots, minced or stick-blitzed
- Add to a medium-sized bowl the yogurt, carrots and fruit juice, stirring the ingredients until are smooth and uniformly blended.
- Portion the mixture into the ice cube trays by spoonful.
If you enjoyed this recipe from our team, take a look at some of the best dog beds Australia.